26 Jul Cost Accountant Manager
The Cost Accountant Manager plays a key role in all aspects of accounting and financial reporting associated with wine inventory and cost of goods sold. This position is responsible for ensuring that the costing team is calculating, maintaining, and updating wine costing, including performing all supporting general ledger reconciliations and overhead allocations. The Cost Accountant Manager will ensure all wine inventory and cost of goods sold are accounted for in accordance with company policies and GAAP.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Work closely with a variety of departments throughout the organization, including accounting, finance, production, farming/vineyard and operations to ensure expense components of wine costing are properly identified, understood, and recorded in a timely and accurate manner using Vintrace Winery Software.
– Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliations, including vineyard and production overhead allocations.
– Ensure accurate maintenance of the bulk wine roll forward; value bulk wine lots on a monthly basis.
– Ensure dry goods, bottling production expenses, and bulk wine are appropriately applied to each bottled SKU.
– Create and maintain cost estimates by SKU. Generate revaluations in Microsoft Dynamics Navision for actual costs and ensure inventory values of SKUs agree to supporting costing schedules.
– Assist with budgeting, planning and analysis associated with wine inventory costs; proactively identify risks and cost savings opportunities.
– Prepare, review and present inventory valuation analyses to finance and winemaking teams.
– Develop, maintain and document allocation methodology for overhead and labor costs in accordance with GAAP.
– Develop, maintain and document all SOP’s associated with the organization’s cost accounting function. Make recommendations to improve or streamline processes.
– Ensure offsite bulk wine is properly accounted for based on contract terms.
– Play a key part in systems modification/implementation projects as related to cost accounting and inventory management.
– Prepare supporting information for external auditors as requested.
– Assist with ad-hoc analysis and special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
– Strong Excel skills required.
– Microsoft Dynamics Navision software experience a plus.
– Ability to build and maintain accurate, well organized and formula-driven financial models and general ledger account reconciliations.
– Can clearly articulate business issues; is comfortable with back of the envelope analysis in support of timely decisions.
– Is a well-rounded individual who has successfully performed within a winery or has a demonstrated track record of quickly learning and performing successfully in a new industry.
– Strong leadership abilities with solid communication skills – interacts equally well with experienced senior leaders and new associates in the organization.
– Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks and effectively communicate at all levels.
– Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
– Proactively gains commitment and initiates action.
– Is intellectually curious and continuously challenges the status quo in search of a better way.
– Has an entrepreneurial spirit, acts now, does it today.
– Is competitive, wants to succeed.
– Hands-on style, detail orientation, organized, and strong work ethic.
– Has a passion for the work and wants to have fun.
Experience and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s Degree in related field; accounting degree strongly preferred.
– Advanced degree, CPA or CMA a plus.
– Strong understanding of cost accounting theory and GAAP required.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in general accounting or cost accounting required.
– Cost accounting experience in the wine industry preferred.
Company Core Values:
Teamwork – Be Each Other’s Partners in Wine
Commitment – Crush Every Day Like It’s Harvest
Quality – Good vs. Grape: It’s All in The Details
Integrity – It Takes a Vneyard
Safety – Tend the Vines
Entrepreneurship – Love the Wine You’re With
Fun! Smile! You Have Purple Teeth!
Foley Family Wines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Remote and Corporate Office (Santa Rosa)