06 Jan Facility Maintenance Supervisor (Chateau St. Jean Winery)
Provide direction and leadership of the facilities maintenance organization working towards attaining maintenance goals and company short and long-term objectives and goals. This individual will lead not only day-to-day maintenance, but also capital investments required for the site. The facilities maintenance supervisor will lead and, in some examples, carry out skilled technical duties involving repair, maintenance, replacement, installation of all facility equipment and systems. He/she will lead and carry out maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of safety, compliance and quality with an adherence to all local, state, fed and other agency requirements/permits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to, timely and accurate reporting of all work-related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers.
- Develop and lead a daily/weekly/monthly work schedule to secure adequate resources to complete inspections, calibrations, preventative, predictive, and planned maintenance while coordinating production requirements, equipment availability and the most efficient use of labor, parts and other resources.
- Utilities and Infrastructure
- Refrigeration/Cooling Systems
- Process Systems/Controls
- Environmental Systems – Water Systems
- Equipment – Cellar and Bottling
- Emergency Systems – Fire/Smoke/Other
- Supporting Vehicles
- Lead the teams through equipment performance to drive MTBF and Right First Time performance.
- Maintain routine communication with all departments regarding equipment operating status and availability.
- Responsible for maintaining Plant Maintenance work order system.
- Responsible for all Contractors qualifications and adherence to Safety requirements.
- Lead and direct all CAPEX projects supporting the site.
- Responsible to maintain all plant equipment records to drive Predictive/Condition Based Maintenance.
- Plan all activities associated with planned utility outages. Communicate planned outages and ensure coordination with production activities.
- Maintain proper record keeping to drive CI and all Compliance/Code requirements.
- Offer solutions to problems and procedures to increase efficiency and safety.
- Develop written procedures for all maintenance tasks.
- Promotes quality work and a team atmosphere.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to exercise fiscal responsibility, within established budgetary constraints.
- Must be able to problem-solve and adjust to changing timelines
- Effectively communicate to site personnel, vendors, OEM’s, and management. Proven strong communication skills.
- Work in a team environment and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s values of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
- Knowledge of:
Controls and PLC
- Read plans and schematics. Plumbing, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Able to climb or balance on 10 ft ladder and move up to 40 lbs occasionally
Experience and Qualifications
- 4yr College Degree or equivalent experience with maintenance principles.
- 8-10 years’ experience with increasing maintenance responsibilities
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook.
Company Core Values:
Teamwork – Be Each Other’s Partners in Wine
Commitment – Crush Every Day Like It’s Harvest
Quality – Good vs. Grape: It’s All in The Details
Integrity – It Takes a Vneyard
Safety – Tend the Vines
Entrepreneurship – Love the Wine You’re With
Fun! Smile! You Have Purple Teeth!
Foley Family Wines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Chateau St. Jean, Kenwood