12 Jul Guest Services Associate (Chalk Hill Estate)
Perhaps no other winery captures the casual luxury of Sonoma County better than Chalk Hill Estate. Founded nearly four decades ago, this spectacular 1300-acre property features 300 acres of vineyards, wilderness areas, winery, hospitality center, culinary garden, residence, stables, and equestrian pavilion.
We are looking for Full Time and Part Time Guest Services associates to join our team.
Full Time: Thurs-Tues 40 hour/week Part Time: Fri-Mon up to 28 hrs/week
Sign on bonus available for new hires. $500 for part time and $1,000 for full time positions upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
This position will assist with driving top line sales revenue to achieve business goals through telephone sales campaigns and tasting room shifts and events. This person must be enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must along with working with the public and in a team environment. Previous winery tasting room experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicates the depth of the Foley Family Wines Portfolio and cross-refers guests to sister properties
- Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques and winery history while answering visitors’ questions
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers in tasting room environment as well as through telephone sales and events
- Completes and submits daily sales reports to Hospitality Manager
- Accurately handles routine purchase transactions which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales processes
- · Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary
- Provides general tourist information
- Conducts guided tours as needed
- Prepare cheese plates and other food accompaniments
- Prepare for tasting presentations and conducts presentation clean-up
- Assists with hospitality special events as needed
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines
- Book guest and member experiences via phone or email for all tasting room experiences, gathering necessary billing and contact information
- Washes and polishes glassware for tasting room
- Assists with receiving and restocking of wine and/or merchandise as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities
The successful candidate will possess:
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· POS and cash handling experience is required
· Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards for hospitality and customer service
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
· Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
· Must dress according to our company’s brand standards when client-facing
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Education & Experience
· Possession of a High School Diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· 1-2 years hospitality and/or tasting room experience is required
· Some formal wine education preferre
· Capable of following reasonably complex directions as well as being able to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers by telephone and/or in person
· Accurate and clear vision and hearing
· Ability to work in standing position for extended periods of time
· Ability to repeatedly stoop, lift and carry 45 lbs.
· Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel; talk or hear; taste and smell
· Sufficient digital manipulation skills to utilize a computer keyboard
The tasting room is a non-smoking work environment. Employees working in the tasting room are asked to not smoke during a workday or be free from any aroma that may be associated with smoking. No heavily scented perfumes, hand lotions, or hair products are allowed as they can interfere with the tasting of wines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in the tasting room with moderate noise levels, heavy people traffic, food, wine and business office machines.