28 Jan Harvest Cellar Intern ** $500 sign-on bonus ** (Chalk Hill Estate)
Chalk Hill Estate seeks a Full-Time Temporary Harvest Cellar Intern for the 2022 harvest season. This is a temporary position, the anticipated length of employment is mid-August through November 2022.
This position is ideal for someone interested in pursuing a career in the winemaking industry. We are looking for people who are energetic, want to learn, enjoy the winemaking process and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Harvest Cellar Intern is involved in all areas of wine production from harvest through bottling in accordance with Foley Family Wine’s winemaking and operational policies, to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and the high quality of all wines produced.
Roles and Responsibilities
Harvest Cellar Interns will assist the production team in the following areas:
- Winery sanitation
- Grape receiving, crushing and pressing
- Fermentation management
- Juice racking
- Barrel filling
- Ability to climb stairs, stand and walk for long hours
- Comfortable working both inside and outside in varying, often cold or wet, weather conditions
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to accurately follow and complete work instructions
- Willingness to work long hours including weekends and swing shifts as needed
- Previous cellar and forklift experience is a plus but not required
- Candidates must be reliable and enthusiastic
Company Core Values:
Teamwork – Be Each Other’s Partners in Wine
Commitment – Crush Every Day Like It’s Harvest
Quality – Good vs. Grape: It’s All in The Details
Integrity – It Takes a Vneyard
Safety – Tend the Vines
Entrepreneurship – Love the Wine You’re With
Fun! Smile! You Have Purple Teeth!
Foley Family Wines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Chalk Hill Estate