08 Jul Harvest Cellar Intern (Chalk Hill Estate)
Chalk Hill Estate, a member of Foley Family Wines, seeks a Full-Time Temporary Harvest Cellar Intern for the 2021 harvest season.
This position is ideal for someone interested in pursuing a career in the winemaking industry. We are looking for people who are energetic, want to learn, enjoy the winemaking process and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Harvest Cellar Intern is involved in all areas of wine production from harvest through bottling in accordance with FFW winemaking and operational policies, to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and the high quality of all wines produced.
This is a temporary position and the length of employment is anticipated to be August through November 2021, with the potential to convert to a regular full time position.
$500 sign on bonus available for new hires upon completion of harvest season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Harvest Cellar Interns will assist the production team in the following areas:
- Winery sanitation
- Grape receiving, crushing and pressing
- Fermentation management
- Juice racking
- Barrel filling
The successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to accurately follow and complete work instructions
- Willingness to work long hours including weekends and swing shifts as needed
- Previous cellar and forklift experience is a plus but not required
- Candidates must be reliable and enthusiastic
- Candidates must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to stand and walk for long hours
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to work both inside and outside in varying, often cold or wet, weather conditions