08 Jul Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager for Foley Family Wines must be highly organized, personable and well versed in the different aspects of Human Resources (HR). This role will act as the primary contact for approximately 10 wineries throughout California, Oregon and Washington. The HR Manager will lead and direct the functions of the HR department including employee relations, performance management, education/training, onboarding/offboarding, administering pay, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Consult regularly with management and provide guidance when appropriate.
· Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough, and objective investigations when necessary.
· Coach and develop management teams on employee related matters in order to achieve optimum employee performance.
· Analyze data trends and metrics and provide recommendations for business decisions.
· Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
· Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborate with hiring managers to understand the skills and competencies required for openings.
· Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities
The successful candidate will possess:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
· HR experience working with wineries.
· Experience with Ceridian/Dayforce and Success Factors is a plus!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting, listening, and requiring the use of hands to finger, and operating a keyboard on a computer, frequently talking and exchanging ideas with individuals. Is required to occasionally walk, handle, or feel objects; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in a moderately noisy office environment with light traffic and business office machines and occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Santa Rosa, CA