12 Jul Sales Associate (Foley Johnson)
Foley Family Wines seeks a Part-Time Sales Associate for our Foley Johnson Tasting Room.
Sign on bonus available for new hires. $500 for part time positions upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment but also takes ownership of their own professional growth. You should be committed to positively contributing to our growing, family-owned company, and you will gain a deep understanding of our portfolio while interacting with the public. This person must be enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicates the depth of the Foley Family Wines Portfolio and cross-refers guests to sister properties
- Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques and winery history while answering visitors’ questions
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers in a tasting room environment as well as through telephone sales and events
- Completes and submits daily sales reports to Guest Services Manager
- Accurately handles routine purchase transactions which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales processes
- Provides general tourist information
- Conducts guided tours as needed
- Prepare cheese plates and other food accompaniment
- Prepare for tasting presentations and conducts presentation clean-up
- Assists with hospitality special events as needed
- Book guest and member experiences via phone or email for all tasting room experiences, gathering necessary billing and contact information
- Washes and polishes glassware for the tasting room
- Assists with receiving and restocking of wine and/or merchandise as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities
The successful candidate will possess:
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• POS and cash handling experience is required
• Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards for hospitality and customer service
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong organizational,problem-solving and analytical skills
• Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
•Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Education & Experience
• Possession of a High School diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• One year of hospitality and/or tasting room experience is required
• Accurate and clear vision and hearing
• Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
• Ability to repeatedly stoop, lift and carry 45 lbs.
• Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel; talk or hear; taste and smell
The tasting room is a non-smoking work environment. Employees working in the tasting room are asked to not smoke during a workday or be free from any aroma that may be associated with smoking. No heavily scented perfumes, hand lotions, or hair products are allowed as they can interfere with the tasting of wines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in the tasting room with moderate noise levels, heavy people traffic, food, wine and business office machines.