12 Jul Sales Associate (Vista Collina)
Are you interested in expanding your wine knowledge and sales skills in an inclusive, exciting atmosphere? Foley Family Wines seeks a Part-Time Sales Associate for our Tasting Room at Vista Collina. The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment but also takes ownership of their own professional growth. You should be committed to positively contributing to our growing, family-owned company, and you will gain a deep understanding of our portfolio while interacting with the public. This person must be enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine
Sign on bonus available for new hires. $500 for part time positions upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
This position will assist with driving top-line sales revenue to achieve business goals through Telephone Sales Campaigns and Tasting Room Shifts & Events. This person must be enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must along with working with the public and in a team environment. Previous winery tasting room experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to effectively communicate the depth of portfolio and cross-refer guests to sister properties
- Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting.
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions.
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers in Tasting Room environment, Telephone Sales and Events
- Actively participates in Telephone Sales campaigns with varying goals
- Completes and submits daily sales reports to Manager
- Accurately handles routine purchase transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales; process
- Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary.
- Provides general tourist information
- Conducts guided tours as needed.
- Prepare cheese plates and other food accompaniments
- Prepare for tasting presentations and presentation clean-up
- Assists with hospitality special events as needed.
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
- Book guest and member experiences via phone or email for all TR experiences, gathering necessary billing and contact information.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities
The successful candidate will possess:
- Two years retail and/or tasting room experience.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Analysis and reporting on sales information, ability to multi task, cash handling, computer and cash register experience is highly desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly standing for periods of up to 4 hours at a time and 8 hours in a day. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Hand and finger dexterity.
- An employee in this position will be performing a wide variety of tasks requiring attention to detail, calmness and creativity in dealing with employees and customers, and the ability to think and react quickly under pressure.
- Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room
- Assists with receiving and restocking of wine and/or merchandise as needed
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating information to fellow employees, vendors and guests
- Accurate and clear vision and hearing. Ability to work in standing or seated position for extended periods of time
- Ability to repeatedly stoop, lift and carry 50 lb. cases of wine
The tasting room is a non-smoking work environment. Employees working in the tasting room are asked to not smoke during a workday or be free from any aroma that may be associated with smoking. No heavily scented perfumes, hand lotions, or hair products are allowed as they can interfere with the tasting of wines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in the tasting room with moderate noise levels, heavy people traffic, food, wine and business office machines.