08 Jan Sr. Manager, Guest Services (Chalk Hill Winery)
The Senior Manager, Guest Services is a dynamic, hospitality focused, and strategic thinking leader with excellent communication and organizational skills. The Senior Manager, Guest Services will lead their guest service teams to achieve best-in-class customer experiences as well as financial and membership acquisition and retention goals. Responsible for optimizing member and guest experiences with focus on driving retail sales, staff development, increasing traffic and growing club memberships. Oversees and supervises the team(s) creating a productive and positive environment based upon teamwork and sales/service goal obtainment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Estate Experience Centers
• Models best-in-class guest services through real-life example of customer & guest support on the floor
• Lead and direct the guest services teams to achieve Consumer Direct business priorities: membership acquisition/club conversion, profit generation, guest experiences,
estate look-and-feel improvements and brand promotion
• Delivers monthly KPI’s with corresponding observations and recommendations
• Build relationships with key community partners, vintners associations and develop key inter-winery partnerships, track and prioritize outreach
• Work with compliance to ensure winery use-permit is compliant and up to date
• Collaborate with key interdepartmental teams to insure on-brand look and feel as well as functionality of the designated consumer facing estate spaces
• Drive business development to provide new revenue streams
• Develop ongoing compelling on/offsite offerings and programs and seek continuous improvement
• Execute strategies and deploy tactics that are in line with brand objectives and overall business goals
• Track and deliver daily/monthly/annual metrics to senior leadership team
• Implement a world class hospitality program to drive repeat business through strong local grass roots networking, customer data capture and execution of our loyalty
Personnel Development and Leadership
• Creates culture of continuous improvement through leadership behaviors of identifying solutions, creating opportunities for team members, and positivity
• Identifies recruitment requirements, candidate profile needs to put in place hiring strategies that ensure the right fit of talent for the Estate Guest Services teams
• Lead estate experience centers(s) with FFW values and customer service expectations, motivating to hit goals and celebrating key milestones
• Collaborate with other consumer direct and interdepartmental support teams, sharing information and results across wineries to build a cohesive hospitality team
• Address and appraise performance, identify development opportunities and manage expectations
• Create and delivery quarterly performance assessments through Success Factors for all direct reports and teams
• Set up training calendar and ensure associate onboarding and new hire training is complete.
• Write and deliver on team members’ performance in partnership with managing Director to determine succession plans and build bench strength.
• Performance manage and coach team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies.
Hospitality, Trade & Events
• Acts as thought-leader for all on-site trade experiences and other Northern California properties
• Collaborate with the team managing group visits, events and trade/VIP requests
• Develop events strategy framework for maximum member engagement and sales opportunities
• Within parameters of winery use-permit, maximize event potential
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• A self-starter with a commitment to excellence and high standards
• Mastery of Outlook calendars: booking, itinerary building, sharing, etc.
• Advanced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and other MS Office Products
• Knowledge of Wine Industry (membership/customer loyalty programs, three tier distribution) with knowledge of food and beverage operations and service delivery
• Positive role model and ambassador for Foley Family Wines in the wine industry community
• Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety
• When necessary must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or a wine-related technical degree with minimum 5 years of hospitality related experience is required
• 5-7 years of management experience including training and leadership skills assessment & program development
• Prior cash handling, computer, cash register, sales analysis and reporting experience are required
Company Core Values:
Teamwork – Be Each Other’s Partners in Wine
Commitment – Crush Every Day Like It’s Harvest
Quality – Good vs. Grape: It’s All in The Details
Integrity – It Takes a Vneyard
Safety – Tend the Vines
Entrepreneurship – Love the Wine You’re With
Fun! Smile! You Have Purple Teeth!
Foley Family Wines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Chalk Hill Winery