04 Aug Staff Accountant
Foley Family Wines is seeking a Full-Time Customer Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant is an integral position for the Finance Department and will support a broad range of responsibilities that require strong analytical skills, focus, flexibility, and a good understanding of accounting functions in accordance with GAAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage cash posting activity daily for assigned entities, possibly multiple entities.
· Manage and respond to all chargeback activity for disputed charges for credit card transactions.
· Prepare journal entries, analyses, and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Complete month-end close tasks as assigned to include accruals, reclasses, amortizations, etc.
· Process inter-company chargebacks as needed.
· Uphold and maintain assigned duties and accounts in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Communicate with accounting team regularly on status and progression of assigned tasks.
· Complete projects, ad hoc reporting/reconciliations/analyses as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities
The successful candidate will possess:
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a high Excel skill level is required.
· Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines and prioritize effectively.
· Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects.
· Should have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, cooperatively with coworkers and other departments.
Experience & Education:
· BS or BA in Accounting or Business Administration is required.
· 2-3 years Staff Accountant experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting, listening, and requiring the use of hands to finger, and operating a keyboard on a computer, frequently talking and exchanging ideas with individuals. Is required to occasionally walk, handle, or feel objects; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Santa Rosa, CA