14 Jul Tasting Room Host (Sebastiani)
Foley Family Wines seeks a Part-Time Host for our Sebastiani Winery Tasting Room.
Sign on bonus available for new hires. $500 for part time positions upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
The Host is responsible for initial guest interaction, welcoming guests & visitors to the winery and setting the tone for their experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide primary greeting and education of visitors immediately upon entry to Tasting Room. Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional, and gracious manner with all guests. Verifies reservations and/or collects guest contact information for those without a reservation.
• Ensure that each guest is of legal age to consume alcohol by checking guest identification as well as verify appropriate masks are worn, when necessary.
• Set the tone of the guest visit by acknowledging them with a smile and being aware of any special occasions or accommodations with their reservation.
• Works with management to ensure proper reservations and turn times are adhered to and work to keep open communication with guests.
• Promote the sale of our wines and other products.
• Maintains a clean, well-organized, and functional environment for the host stand.
• Ensure the latest updates and/or changes and additions to all experiences are communicated to guests.
• Provide visitors with information regarding wine clubs, wine club sign-ups, and coordinates customer service questions with the tasting room staff.
• Accurately use the TOCK reservation software and other winery software systems.
• Assist in maintaining tasting room supplies through management as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities
The successful candidate will possess:
• Experience with TOCK, Winedirect, or Open Table is highly desirable.
• Strong verbal communication skills required.
• Experience and ease with Outlook, Microsoft Office and calendar functions.
• Ability to multi- task, have attention to detail and consistently follow through on assigned tasks.
• Cash handling, computer, and cash register experience is highly desirable.
• Attentiveness, calmness, and creativity in dealing with customers.
• Ability to think and react quickly under pressure.
• Capable of following directions and effectively communicate with co-workers and customers by telephone, email, and in person.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must have clear vision and hearing.
• Assist with receiving and restocking of wine and/or merchandise.
• Effective communication skills including the ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to work in a standing or seated position for extended periods of time and the ability to walk (for long periods of time) for the purpose of event coordination.
The tasting room is a non-smoking work environment. Employees working in the tasting room are asked to not smoke during a workday or be free from any aroma that may be associated with smoking. No heavily scented perfumes, hand lotions, or hair products are allowed as they can interfere with the tasting of wines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in the tasting room with moderate noise levels, heavy people traffic, food, wine and business office machines.