14 Jul Tasting Room Lead (Foley Johnson)
Foley Johnson winery is located in the prestigious Rutherford AVA of Napa Valley. The winery is conveniently located on the east side of Highway 29 in Rutherford.
The schedule for this position is 8hrs a day Thurs-Mon
Sign on bonus available for new hires. $1,000 for full time positions upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
The Tasting Room Lead position is centered primarily on supporting the Manager’s service and sales expectations and supporting a cohesive and efficient, service-oriented tasting room environment. The Tasting Room Lead maintains a continual presence on the floor, managing customer service and sales objectives. This position will actively participate in telesales campaigns to help generate revenue. The main task of this position is to lead by example and to demonstrate the service and sales standards to meet the overall business objectives. In addition, the Lead position is responsible for providing support in the form of proper training and offering performance feedback to the tasting room staff to provide excellent customer service and meet and/or exceed their performance objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Management & Development:
· Responsible for assisting Hospitality Manager to establish an atmosphere of teamwork and positive employee relations through communication of goals and business objectives
· Contributes to the training and development of current and new staff members providing feedback to Senior Management
· Open/close duties. Daily banking and cash balancing. Daily sales reporting. Record & process daily wine pours. Keep merchandise stocked. Manage wine inventory
· Assist the Assistant Manager with staff scheduling. Coordinate breaks for employees. Facilitate staff’s daily responsibilities.
· Customer Relations. Wine sales, Wine Club sales, etc. Book and give private tastings, greet visitors, lead visitors through wine tasting. Facilitate business flow and customer service to maintain an efficient and welcoming tasting room atmosphere. Maintain the upkeep of the reserve room to meet the needs of our guests
· New employee training. Educate staff on new wines, sales, etc. Motivate sales and record sales goals. Special projects as assigned by supervisor
· Oversees necessary receipts-related procedures; remains vigilant and consistent with winery inventory and accounting procedures; immediately informs managers of any discrepancies discovered
· Proactively identifies opportunities and suggests methods to improve operations, efficiency & service levels
· Embraces, communicates and champions work procedures and processes that Supports Company and departmental standards, procedures and objectives
· Able to effectively lead and train new staff on hospitality experiences and procedures to enhance the member and guest experience
· Able to effectively lead and train new staff on sister properties and promote cross-marketing and cross-referring among the portfolio
· Able to demonstrate successful sales skills and behaviors; promotes the sale of wine, wine club membership, events and can sell in a consultative selling approach including telesales.
· May be required to attend onsite and offsite educational training seminars
· Reads relevant industry trade literature on events to remain current and informed
· Working knowledge of winemaking, from vine to wine with knowledge of the growing regions, including varietals across the portfolio
· Must provide support to Hospitality Manager with proficiency in Point of Sale, processing shipping orders, posting necessary functions to close TR registers, balance cash drawers, submit cash deposits, track cash intake, submit EFT transactions (charge all CCs) and post statement to balance inventory
· Maintain hospitality standards to be benchmark experience in region and mentor Tasting Room staff to do the same
· Participate and support Hospitality Manager’s efforts in sales contests and staff enrichment programming to inspire, motivate and build team cohesiveness
Administrative and Other:
· Bi-weekly processing/editing of employee timecards
· Works with Hospitality Analyst for tracking, processing and updating of wine club and sales commissions
· Create daily tasting menus based on stocking levels, new releases and what wines we need to push.
· Assist guests w/ questions or issues via email or phone (i.e., wine questions, tracking information, receipts)
· Book guest and member experiences via phone or email for all TR experiences, gathering necessary billing and contact information
· Develop TR based events (Annual winemaker dinner, holiday open house, club wine releases) including luncheon programs, Educational seminars and themed event marketing tactics
· Responsible for making necessary calls to onsite maintenance and when appropriate offsite vendors for general upkeep of the hospitality facilities equipment including auxiliary spaces
· Directs in-house & vendor staff to ensure that events are executed to meet company standards
· Interfaces with guests as company liaison to ensure exceptional hospitality and service levels are met
· Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room
· Assists with receiving and restocking of wine and/or merchandise as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities
The successful candidate will possess:
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Two years or more tasting room and/or retail sales experience including cash handling is required
· Computer, cash register and sales analysis/reporting experience are highly desirable
· Must have knowledge of Wine Industry (wine club/customer loyalty programs, three tier distribution) with knowledge of food and beverage operations and service delivery
· Must have excellent customer service skills and is committed to the highest level of customer service at all times
· When necessary must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly standing for periods of up to 4 hours at a time and 8 hours in a day
· Ability to repeatedly stoop, lift and carry 50 lb. cases of wine
· Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating information to fellow employees, vendors and guests
· Ability to walk (for long periods of time) for purpose of event coordination
The tasting room is a non-smoking work environment. Employees working in the tasting room are asked to not smoke during a workday or be free from any aroma that may be associated with smoking. No heavily scented perfumes, hand lotions, or hair products are allowed as they can interfere with the tasting of wines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in the tasting room with moderate noise levels, heavy people traffic, food, wine and business office machines.