12 Apr Team Lead – Group Sales (Chateau St. Jean & Sebastiani)
Foley Family Wines seeks a Team Lead – Group Sales for Chateau St. Jean and Sebastiani Winery. This position is responsible for soliciting new accounts and maintaining relationships with existing accounts and booking new guests to meet and exceed revenue and wine club goals. This position will be responsible for developing new and innovative tour programs, educational tastings, food & wine tastings for large groups. This person is responsible for creating the sales materials to support the marketing and promotions of these offerings. This position will also require the cross-functional collaboration with the Northern California Events Team to cultivate new relationships with Destination Management Companies to grow our corporate business relationships and drive new business to all Sonoma properties.
The Team Lead – Group Sales must be capable of delivering world-class customer service and generate sales in accord with Foley Family Wines hospitality and sales principles. Paramount to their success is representing the Foley Family brands with enthusiastic professionalism while being gracious, genuine and respectful of guests and employees alike.
There will be a yearly review of performance metrics for sales and traffic volume, as well as an evaluation of business partnerships created and/or renewed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Must cross-collaborate with Sr. Management and Directors to develop new business strategies to appeal to corporate group clients
- Solicit new accounts to meet/exceed revenue and wine club goals. This will consist of responding to inquiries via email, telephone solicitation, outside calls, and written communications
- Create, prepare and maintain pricing correspondence with customers.
- Keep accurate business records in Excel spreadsheet
- Attend local community/social events and industry meetings
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customer demographics
- Schedule all tour visits and facilitate internal and external correspondence including itineraries and event overviews
- Work directly with cross-functional teams to ensure readiness of facilities for group tours, tastings and experiencing ensuring a seamless wine country visit for all guests
- Collaborate with events team to network & develop outreach to external partners/vendors
- Work with corporate marketing team to develop needed educational materials, collateral and takeaways for marketing and promoting Tour Group Sales
- Work with Senior Hospitality Manager(s), Executive and Estate Chef to develop new consumer facing culinary experiences
- Create functional TOCK experiences for Large Groups and ability to execute.
- Assist with reports and/or competitive data collection as needed
- Demonstrate successful sales skills and behaviors; promotes the sale of wine, wine club membership, events, and can upsell in a consultative selling approach
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety
- Plays a vital role in establishing an atmosphere of teamwork and positive employee relations
- Contributes to the culinary training and development of new Hospitality Representatives and provides feedback to the Senior Manager
- Oversees necessary receipts-related procedures; remains vigilant and consistent with winery inventory and accounting procedures; immediately informs managers of any discrepancies discovered
- Proactively identifies opportunities/challenges and suggests methods to improve tour operations, efficiency and service levels
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to remain calm under stress and be able to handle emergency situations as needed
- Must be a self-starter with a commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to maintain records, organize, multi-task and respond quickly
- Must have strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Mastery of Outlook calendars: booking, itinerary building, sharing, etc. is required
- Advanced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and other MS Office products
- Must have knowledge in TOCK and ability to create new offerings at each location.
- Knowledge of Wine Industry (wine club/customer loyalty programs, three tier distribution) is required
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations and service delivery is required
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong public speaking and presentation skills; must be comfortable in front of large and small audiences
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities enthusiastically
- Must be a positive role model and ambassador for Foley Family Wines in the Wine Industry and community
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or a wine-related technical degree is required
- One to two years of hospitality related event planning or operational experience is required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record to be insured
Company Core Values:
Teamwork – Be Each Other’s Partners in Wine
Commitment – Crush Every Day Like It’s Harvest
Quality – Good vs. Grape: It’s All in The Details
Integrity – It Takes a Vneyard
Safety – Tend the Vines
Entrepreneurship – Love the Wine You’re With
Fun! Smile! You Have Purple Teeth!
Foley Family Wines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Chateau St. Jean & Sebastiani Winery